At one point in life or another, and for a myriad of reasons, we have all felt vulnerable. The feeling may manifest itself in our bodies and thoughts in different ways and we have our own ways of reacting to it. Or not reacting. I think one way of expressing this vulnerability is that it may feel like you stand before something or someone without any protection, almost like being without skin. And that we can feel the need for some kind of extra skin to wrap around us for warmth, comfort, protection, support...

If you were to make such a symbolic skin - what would it look like?

This blog is dedicated to my project Symbolic Skin. Here, I will present contributions to the project, blog abot it's process and my thoughts around it's theme. Fuller information can be found on the pages above. Feel welcome to join in, read, comment and discuss!

måndag 2 maj 2011

Challenge number one

Some time has passed now, and this project is (as probably many projects) slow to start up. This is the first project I am heading, and I have allready learnt a lot of what is required to take an idea and make it come real. I'm refining the projectplan to be able to contact possible sponsors in the private sector and putting together material of information for those who wish to participate. I've been questioning whether I should wait to start networking in a larger scale until I know whether I'll be able to pay participants for postal services or not, but I don't know. I really want this to become real, and it's difficult to wait =). But on the other hand it would be wonderful to be able to offer you who wish to join in repayment for what it costs to send your skins and stories to me. We'll see how it goes!

Also I have learnt how difficult it is to be your own sole motor of inspiration. I really believe in this idea, but I also long for the time when I start recieving contributions from others and can be more in a dialogue with participants in the project. This is also a time which puts me straight in contact with those very thoughts that tend to make me feel vulnerable. Is what I'm doing worth anything? Will anybody else find this a good idea and meaningful project? I decide that, yes: in a while, maybe soon people will start to join in. The idea is good. It´s just a matter of time. I think we can create a wonderful work of art together and a wonderful set of stories!

So, challenge number one: I shall feign of those negative thoughts and remember my vision, I shall be courageous and contact everyone I think might want to support this project, and I shall start networking no matter the financial situation. My idea deserves to come true!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar