At one point in life or another, and for a myriad of reasons, we have all felt vulnerable. The feeling may manifest itself in our bodies and thoughts in different ways and we have our own ways of reacting to it. Or not reacting. I think one way of expressing this vulnerability is that it may feel like you stand before something or someone without any protection, almost like being without skin. And that we can feel the need for some kind of extra skin to wrap around us for warmth, comfort, protection, support...

If you were to make such a symbolic skin - what would it look like?

This blog is dedicated to my project Symbolic Skin. Here, I will present contributions to the project, blog abot it's process and my thoughts around it's theme. Fuller information can be found on the pages above. Feel welcome to join in, read, comment and discuss!

söndag 23 oktober 2011

challenging challenge number 3

After writing my last entry here I just felt like it was time to change direction. From procrastrination to inspiration. And since, obviously, inspiration doesn't just appear at your doorstep because you feel it should I decided to help it a bit.
How to do that, I wondered, and then it struck me:
I have been so good at getting things done that I feel no inspiration about that has nothing to do with art or what I want. How did I manage that? And can I use that experience in this project somehow? The answer to that is a loud yes. Because what I do then, is just simply do. Step by step, day by day. Sometimes minute by minute. Just be in the present, don't agonize about the future or cry over the past. Just do, and when this is done you can do something else. That's what I've told myself. So today I started gently:
I've been asked to write something about this project for another blog (will let you know more when all is ready), and I have agonised about not doing this, about how I ought to do it, about how terribly bad what I eventually do will probably be etcetera in all eternity.
But now: stop.
Just do.
Sentence by sentence.
Word by word.
And then it will be done, and I can do the next thing.
And do you know what the best thing about this is? Once I start doing, no matter how small the action, I do get inspired, and I do feel close to the project again, hope starts to shine and after a while I know I am going to feel it again:
This could be such a great art project! It really could be! Oh, what the heck, it is!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar