At one point in life or another, and for a myriad of reasons, we have all felt vulnerable. The feeling may manifest itself in our bodies and thoughts in different ways and we have our own ways of reacting to it. Or not reacting. I think one way of expressing this vulnerability is that it may feel like you stand before something or someone without any protection, almost like being without skin. And that we can feel the need for some kind of extra skin to wrap around us for warmth, comfort, protection, support...

If you were to make such a symbolic skin - what would it look like?

This blog is dedicated to my project Symbolic Skin. Here, I will present contributions to the project, blog abot it's process and my thoughts around it's theme. Fuller information can be found on the pages above. Feel welcome to join in, read, comment and discuss!

torsdag 3 november 2011

Vi möts i en värld. We meet in a world.

I proudly present to you the latest contribution to this slowly forming cobweb of art a beutiful poem sent to me (translated into english at the end):

Vi möts i en värld
”Under långa dagar, långa nätter sover vi inte
Under långa armar, långa ben, långa kroppar håller vi oss varma
Under lång tortyr, under lång vilja, under lång samarbete håller vi oss
förenade
Var är du? När kommer du hit?
Väntar du på min rop?
Vill du komma och överraska mig?
Jag är inte en människa, jag är hundra, tusen och miljoner människor
samtidigt. Vi har varit här lång tid men du ser inte oss, trots att vi är
många.
Mitt land, vårt land ligger i världens hjärta.
Se du nu på oss?
Snart ska vi mötas i en värld.”
We meet in a world
"During long days, long nights we don't sleep
Under long arms, long legs, long bodies we keep ourselves warm
During long torture, long will, long collaboration we keep
united
Where are you? When are you coming here?
Are you waiting for my cry?
Will you come and surprise me?
I am not one human, I am one hundred, one thousand, one million humans
at once. We have been here for a long time but you don't see us, even though we are
many.
My country, our country is in the heart of the world.
Are you looking at us now?
Soon we shall meet in a world."
All my love and thanks to the lovely person/poet!

1 kommentar:

  1. tusen tack! Det blev himla bra på engelska. Tack, verkligen.

    SvaraRadera