At one point in life or another, and for a myriad of reasons, we have all felt vulnerable. The feeling may manifest itself in our bodies and thoughts in different ways and we have our own ways of reacting to it. Or not reacting. I think one way of expressing this vulnerability is that it may feel like you stand before something or someone without any protection, almost like being without skin. And that we can feel the need for some kind of extra skin to wrap around us for warmth, comfort, protection, support...

If you were to make such a symbolic skin - what would it look like?

This blog is dedicated to my project Symbolic Skin. Here, I will present contributions to the project, blog abot it's process and my thoughts around it's theme. Fuller information can be found on the pages above. Feel welcome to join in, read, comment and discuss!

onsdag 16 november 2011

It begins with a p.

Procrastination.
I still haven't tried to contact possible people and contexts that might like to join this project. Still! I cannot believe how frightened I must be to make it so difficult for me. I still feel so sure that it is a good idea, and I am convinced the end result will absoutely fantastic.
And yet, when I imagine talking about it with people I feel shame. Like somehow if I ask people to actually join and try to speak up for this idea, then they will just stare at me and frown and maybe even laugh behind my back, and I will realize that of course it's ridiculous and how could I ever havecthought...
And I am also beginning to suspect that an old friend of mine is showing it's ugly face: the troll that destroys things that are good. Away with you! Maybe if I lovebomb it it will shatter, like trolls shatter when exposed to the sun? I read in an other blog about a project in which you try to write 50.000 words in a month. Maybe in a while when my daughter is a bit bigger I will set up a similar goal related to "marketing" this project and see where that takes me. Anybody else in need of such a challenge who would like to join me for company and encouragement?
Love to all of you!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar